This Lesson is a collection of 3 cases that highlight adult onset foveal macular vitelliform dystrophy with SDOCT.
Take Home Points:
- dystrophies present with symmetry while degenerations usually present with asymmetry
- dystrophies are usually more insidious in their progression
- in these cases vision is reduced by a thinning of the retina overlying the dystrophy
BUT FIRST AN INTRODUCTION TO “EN FACE”
- In vivo retinal/choroidal dissection
-Creates a black and white photo of the layer that you designate
- Differentiates layers of the retina and choroid
- Allows precise location of the disease/dystrophic process
- Educational tool for interns/residents and patients and generates movies
By varying the location of the scan, you may uncover findings that would otherwise be impossible to see using ophthalmoloscopy or photos.
- HISTORY OF DRY ARM
- BCVA 1.25 OD AND 1.25 OS WITH +4.00D CORRECTION
- NOTED FOLDS IN RETINA ON FUNDUS PHOTOS