The Structure/Function Conundrum
- Glaucoma is a neurodegenerative disease causing the loss of retinal ganglion cells
- Ganglion cell numbers range from approximately .7 million to 1.5 million
- Density is greatest in the macula where the ganglion cell layer can be 6 cells deep
- The thinnest and densest layer of ganglion cells is in a 1 to 1.5 mm radius of the fovea
The latest guidelines on monitoring a patient on plaquenil plus a few cases.
A sample Word document (editable) that you can use in your own office. It details the latest required testing for plaquenil patients.
Writtenby Larry J Alexander OD FAAO
Posted in Letters/Brochures
A STORY THAT NEEDS TO BE TOLD
Recently new guidelines for the management of patients taking PLAQUENIL were released. Two of the authors of this article published in this area, being the first to point to the importance of assessing kidney and liver function in all patients scheduled to be placed on PLAQUENIL.
Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Written by Larry J Alexander OD FAAO, Kim Sneed, LPN, CNC, Dwayne Yeager BSRT, OD, FAAO
Posted in Philosophy/Editorials
- ROUTINE PLAQUENIL CHECK
- HX SLE AND ASSOCIATED LIVER DYSFUNCTION
- HX OF DRY EYES MEDS INCLUDE: NAPROXEN, AND PLAQUENIL 200 MG QD X 2 YEARS- CUMULATIVE DOSE 146,000 MG
- BCVA 20/20 OU